Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Students in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Students enroll in the School or a Course within the School, subscribe to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available in our School. Students may visit the School anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Students only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Students can refuse to supply personal identification information but doing so may prevent them from engaging in certain School related activities.
How we use collected information
The School may collect and use Students’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Students as a group use the services and resources provided in our School.
To send periodic emails
We may use Student email addresses to send Students information and updates pertaining to their order. Student email addresses may also be used to respond to Student inquiries, questions, or other requests.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Student personal identification information to others.
Third party websites
Student may find advertising or other content in our School that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our School. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Student, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
How and where data is stored
Data is stored on password protected computers and on the Teachable servers.
If you are based in Europe, then under the General Data Protection Regulation May 2018 you have certain rights. These include:
- Right to be informed. The above provides information about the extent of confidentiality and how your data is stored – see above
- Right of access. You have the right to see the data we store about you.
- Right of rectification. You have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to have your personal information erased.
- Right to data portability. The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for your own purposes
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Modern Stoicism Ltd.